Feb. 3, 2023 - Today, 19 student athletes from Canyon High School and Canyon Lake High School signed National Letters of Intent to play the sport of their choice at the collegiate level.
While a full day of celebrations was planned throughout Comal ISD for Feb. 1, the actual National Signing Day, the last few days of severe weather for much of the area had players, coaches and families making a few adjustments to get those letters signed.
Surrounded by family, teammates, coaches and friends, athletes from CHS and CLHS celebrated this milestone with balloons, hugs, handshakes and lots of photos. This day represents a culmination of years of early morning and late-night practices, lessons, wins and losses.
Two Comal ISD high schools will celebrate signing days next week with Davenport High School at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 7, and Smithson Valley High School at 8 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 8.
From CHS, 14 student-athletes signed letters
- Emery Black, basketball, Penn State Beaver
- Mackenzie Combs, cross country/track, Texas Lutheran University
- Mason Engel, baseball, Iowa Western Community College
- Bron Farr, baseball, Dallas College Richland Campus
- Lawson Fields, football, Southwestern Assemblies of God University
- Kyle Head, baseball, Schreiner University
- Tila Hendrus, soccer, Texas Lutheran University
- Evan Janner, baseball, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- Xayvion Noland, football, Texas State University
- Owen Painter, football, McMurry University
- Daniel Perez, football, Texas A&M - Kingsville
- Georgianna Slanina-Wertz, soccer, University of Gloucestershire
- Mason Timmerman, football, Ellsworth Community College
- Tripp Villanueva, baseball, Centenary College of Louisiana
From CLHS, five student-athletes signed letters
- Sonny Bentley, football, Sul Ross State University
- Helijah Johnson, football, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
- Andrew Miller, football, Wayland Baptist University
- Emily Pena, volleyball, East Central University
- Maddie Oberholtzer, soccer, Concordia University Texas
-On Feb. 3, 14 Canyon High School student athletes signed National Letters of Intent to play the sport of their choice at the collegiate level. Pictured back row from left is Evan Janner, Bron Farr, Mason Timmerman, Daniel Perez, Kyle Head and Mason Engel; middle row from left is Mackenzie Combs and Owen Painter; front row from left is Emery Black, Tila Hendrus, Xayvion Noland, Georgianna Slanina-Wertz, Tripp Villanueva and Lawson Fields.
-On Feb. 3, five Canyon Lake High School student athletes signed National Letters of Intent to play the sport of their choice at the collegiate level. Pictured back row from left is Andrew Miller, Helijah Johnson and Sonny Bentley; front row from left is Maddie Oberholtzer and Emily Pena.